happy birthday ya ya!
we love you,
hi there. happy tuesday! welcome to trivia tuesday. i know you know the rules, but here they are anyway: no cheating. no googling. just answer using your own brain power. i know. scary. come on! you can do it. you have until i go to bed to answer the questions. i'll post the answers wednesday morning.
the theme: the eighties
1.who was the leader of the good transformers?
2. what was the name of punky brewster's dog?
3. what was angela's son's name in who's the boss?
4. what was michael jackson advertising when he was nearly killed?
5. what was ALF's girlfriend from melmac's name?
6. what was the name of arnold's fish on different strokes?
7. on three's company, what was the name of jack's restaurant that he opened and was head chef at?
8. The jeffersons was a spin-off from what show?
all in the family
9. what star of the breakfast club was also part of the original cast of the facts of life?
10. what actor was famous for the line "nanoo nanoo"?
robin williams for his character mork from oirk
here's a fun game from crista's kitchen creations . she did a post on it a few days ago.
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten. (i put them in green)
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare (obviously you don't know me very well if you think i'll eat anything that wasn't cooked)
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart (no, but i've always wanted to!)
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano (i'm too much of a wuss for that)
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
i remember the first time i ever had a bedroom all to myself. i was about 8 years old. before i left for a trip to stay with cousins, my parents asked me if i could paint my room any color what would it be? i told them either purple or blue. when i arrived home from my trip, they had moved me into a room by myself. the walls were painted a lovely shade of blue...baby blue. they had gotten me a new water bed too. i was in hog heaven!
well, little mother hen moved into her own room last week. we had been talking about it for months. she and captain adventure have been sharing a room off and on since he was a baby. but, she's seven now and started first grade last week and it is definitely time for her to have her own room. we moved sammysosa into the room with CA and LMH went to SS's room.
mr. hubby helped moving all of the big furniture and painting. we were able to do it in one day. she loves it! i'm really glad we decided to do make the move. we were really worried about how captain adventure would do with sammysosa. we thought of all of the naughty thing CA could do with SS in the room...climbing into the crib, trying to take SS out of the crib, throwing things into the crib, staying up until the middle of the night...you get the point.
so far, our fears have been unfounded. captain adventure has done really well. it took a few nights to get used to each other, but they love to be together now. sammysosa wakes up earlier than CA and starts singing and talking quietly to himself...he eventually gets really loud and starts yelling at CA to wake up. it is pretty cute.
little mother hen is so thankful for her own room. she loves being by herself and her attitude is getting better. she has been spending hours and hours up there just puttering around...rearranging her drawers, drawing pictures, stickering things. it's too cute!
i am so glad we finally decided to make the move. we're such wienies sometimes.
i have to apologize to you. i have been keeping a rather big secret from you for a long time now. mr. husband and our friend mr. chef have been in the process of buying a restaurant for the past several months. it is now official. they closed on the building yesterday morning.
i am so proud of both of them. they have put in hundreds of hours trying to make this happen and now it finally has. i am so confident in their abilities to run a fantastic restaurant and do it the right way. i can't wait to see them in action!
they have many hours of hard work ahead of them, but they have an amazing support cast in place...i've met them and they're awesome and loyal. mr. husband and mr. chef hope to be open for business sometime in mid to late september.
congratulations mr. husband and mr. chef!
p.s see below for tuesday trivia answers
welcome to trivia tuesday. you know the rules, but here is a quick reminder: no cheating or googling...you have until i go to bed tonight to answer the questions...i will post the correct answers along with the name of the brain of the week on wednesday morning.
the theme: seventies trivia
1. who was the first musical guest on saturday night live? janis ian
2. what group won the "best new artist" grammy in 1972? america
3. barry manilow was a producer/arranger for what famous vocalist? bette midler
4. what was cher's given first name? cherilyn
5. rod stewart's 1977 hit "the first cut is the deepest" was written by who?
6. what year did casey kasem's american top 40 debut? 1970 (and yes, crista, he is OLD)
7. what group won grammys for record, song, and album of the year in 1970?
simon and garfunkel
8. what was elvis' last movie? elvis on tour
9. what chuck berry classic did the beach boys use to help with a comeback in 1976? rock & roll music
10. what was the jackson 5's first smash hit? i want you back
good grief! i thought this would be easier for you music buffs. (i mean, i couldn't have answered any of them, but i had faith in you!)
the big brain award goes to crista! good for you! you got 3 right.
joel, you got a big goose egg. good job for trying. A for effort.
coming up next week...80's trivia. thanks for playing!
happy tuesday. you know the drill. answer them to the best of your ability. don't cheat. you have until 11:00 pm tuesday (my time) to answer the questions. i will post the correct answers along with the highest scorer on wednesday.
this week's theme: presidential trivia
1. Which president purchased the Louisiana territory? (Thomas Jefferson from napoleon in 1803)
2. Who was the first president to live in the white house? (President John Adams.)
3. which president purchased alaska? (Andrew Johnson from Russia in 1867)
4. name the first president who was the son of a president? (the sixth president john quincy adams – son of the second president john adams)
5. name the second president who was the son of a president. (George w bush, son of George bush)
6. who was the youngest elected president? (john f. kennedy 43 y, 236d when taking office)
7. who was the youngest president? (Theodore Roosevelt, 42y, 322 d succeeding to the office upon assassination of president William mckinley)
8. which president ordered the combat use of nuclear weapons? (harry s Truman ordered the atom bomb to Hiroshima and Nagasaki )
9. name the president who served 2 non-consecutive terms: (grover Cleveland 22nd 1855-1889 & 24th 1893-1897)
10. who was the only president to be married while in office? (grover cleveland. on 6/2/1886 he married frances folsom)
ok seriously. participate!
i would like to award this week's gold medal to
i am totally addicted to reading dooce
i like her style. she's an amazing writer. she also has mad photog skills.
so, anyway, she recently wrote a post with a link to a news story from florida. i will warn you...this story involves a disgusting case of child abuse and neglect. however, it is an amazing story.
here's the link to heather's post
and, seriously, go hug your kids.
you win. here it is. "trivia thursday".
in honor of the upcoming olympic games, the theme is the olympics. (creative, i know.) you know the rules. the whole point is to see what you know...not what you can google and find on the internet. i'll turn on comment moderation and i will post the answers with the person who had the most correct answers by friday morning. sher.