you win. here it is. "trivia thursday".
in honor of the upcoming olympic games, the theme is the olympics. (creative, i know.) you know the rules. the whole point is to see what you know...not what you can google and find on the internet. i'll turn on comment moderation and i will post the answers with the person who had the most correct answers by friday morning. sher.
THE DREAM TEAM
2.what olympic champion played an HIV-infected chorus boy in the play "Jeffery" in 1993?
3. name the olympic aquatic event includes the following positions: the Flamingo, crane, and fishtail?
4. what year were the olympics first televised? 1960
5. women were first allowed to participate in the olympics in what year? 1900
6. what sports did those women compete in? (3) TENNIS, GOLF, CROQUET
7. what five colors are make up the olympic rings and what is the significance of those specific colors?
RED, BLACK, BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW...EVERY COUNTRY'S FLAG HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THESE COLORS IN IT
8. wrestling fencing soccer swimming gymnastics archery
badminton handball taekwondo judo rowing cycling
weight-lifting athletics basketball sailing handball hockey
OLYMPIC TABLE TENNIS, TENNIS, TRIATHALON, PENTATHALON, EQUESTRIAN, SHOOTING, CANOE-KAYAK
9. what years (3) were the olympic games cancelled and why?
1916 - WWI
1940, 1944- WWII
10. what is the olympic motto? (in latin or english)
CITIUS, ALTIUS, FORTIUS
SWIFTER, HIGHER, STRONGER
*11. what's your favorite olympic sport to watch?
*12. who is your favorite olympic athlete?
**IN HONOR OF THE OLYMPICS, I AWARD YOU 3 GIRLS GOLD MEDALS. ( I GOT TIRED OF COUNTING WRONG ANSWERS. JUST KIDDING...I KNOW THIS WAS A HARD ONE...IT WAS MORE OF A LEARNING QUIZ.)
THANKS FOR PLAYING. SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY.