welcome to trivia tuesday. you know the rules, but here is a quick reminder: no cheating or googling...you have until i go to bed tonight to answer the questions...i will post the correct answers along with the name of the brain of the week on wednesday morning.
the theme: seventies trivia
1. who was the first musical guest on saturday night live? janis ian
2. what group won the "best new artist" grammy in 1972? america
3. barry manilow was a producer/arranger for what famous vocalist? bette midler
4. what was cher's given first name? cherilyn
5. rod stewart's 1977 hit "the first cut is the deepest" was written by who?
6. what year did casey kasem's american top 40 debut? 1970 (and yes, crista, he is OLD)
7. what group won grammys for record, song, and album of the year in 1970?
simon and garfunkel
8. what was elvis' last movie? elvis on tour
9. what chuck berry classic did the beach boys use to help with a comeback in 1976? rock & roll music
10. what was the jackson 5's first smash hit? i want you back
good grief! i thought this would be easier for you music buffs. (i mean, i couldn't have answered any of them, but i had faith in you!)
the big brain award goes to crista! good for you! you got 3 right.
joel, you got a big goose egg. good job for trying. A for effort.
coming up next week...80's trivia. thanks for playing!
Weekend reading: October 21 edition
18 hours ago