happy tuesday. you know the drill. answer them to the best of your ability. don't cheat. you have until 11:00 pm tuesday (my time) to answer the questions. i will post the correct answers along with the highest scorer on wednesday.
this week's theme: presidential trivia
1. Which president purchased the Louisiana territory? (Thomas Jefferson from napoleon in 1803)
2. Who was the first president to live in the white house? (President John Adams.)
3. which president purchased alaska? (Andrew Johnson from Russia in 1867)
4. name the first president who was the son of a president? (the sixth president john quincy adams – son of the second president john adams)
5. name the second president who was the son of a president. (George w bush, son of George bush)
6. who was the youngest elected president? (john f. kennedy 43 y, 236d when taking office)
7. who was the youngest president? (Theodore Roosevelt, 42y, 322 d succeeding to the office upon assassination of president William mckinley)
8. which president ordered the combat use of nuclear weapons? (harry s Truman ordered the atom bomb to Hiroshima and Nagasaki )
9. name the president who served 2 non-consecutive terms: (grover Cleveland 22nd 1855-1889 & 24th 1893-1897)
10. who was the only president to be married while in office? (grover cleveland. on 6/2/1886 he married frances folsom)
ok seriously. participate!
i would like to award this week's gold medal to